Nestlé Quality Street Case Study Jagdeep Singh
Promote Quality Street chocolates and caramels to the Indo-Canadian Muslim, Arab and South Asian segments through Ramadan/Eid and Diwali celebrations. Campaign objectives were:
– Increase brand awareness
– Drive sampling and sales
– See the products as a gift-giving option during these celebrations
Insights & Strategy
During Diwali and Eid, it is common to give chocolates as a gift when visiting friends and family. Creative development and messaging were developed to resonate with the target audience during these festive celebrations.
* Multi-channel campaign execution using TV, Radio, Print, OOH, Digital Display, Social Media, POS (Point Of Sale), PR and Grassroots event sampling.
* Sampled and brand activation at three ethnic grassroots events for sampling and purchase.
* Leveraged ethnic media vendor relationships to gain ‘earned’ media.
* In the post-campaign evaluation by our Maple Diversity Marketing Panel, Quality Street’s awareness, brand perception, and campaign relevancy received positive feedback among first and second generation South Asians.
* At our three grassroots events, our brand ambassadors distributed more than 17,000 product samples and connected one-on-one with over 100,000 consumers.
* Our original TV ad won four creative awards.
* Big retailers such as Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw’s have tripled their orders on an annual basis.